Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I AM TIRED!

They say you are as young as you feel.  If that is true, then I am 183!  I am worn out!  I would list all the physical ailments I have, but that is what old people talk about whenever they get together, and in spite of my "felt age," I am determined to think "young!"  At seventy-one and a half (see, I am trying to think like a teen), my "life experiences" have left me unable to dress myself, unable see clearly, and unable to remember what three degrees, and life itself, have taught me.  To be quite honest, if it were not for the various Bible helps that I rely upon every day, I would not even be able to write this blog.  Thank God for Blue Letter Bible!

But please do not feel sorry for me; unless the Rapture takes place prior to my demise, I will get to see Jesus before you!  The Word says that "the dead in Christ shall rise first" (1 Thes. 4:16)!  I am so looking forward to which ever comes first, me going to Him (2 Cor. 5:8; Phil. 1:23; etc.), or Him coming for us all (Jn. 14:1-3; 1 Thes. 4:13-18; etc.)!  Either way, I will no longer have to dwell in this rickety old body, but will have been changed to be like Him (1 Cor. 15:35-58; 1 Jn. 3:2; etc.)!

Life has also taken its toll through years of concern for my mother-in-law, my wife, my children and their families.  That old adage is true:  "I don't care how old my daughters are, they will always be my little girls!"  They have had over twenty years (way over) since high school, and experience many of the same trials and tribulations, as their parents.  And like most children, they had to discover for themselves, how to handle each issue as it came up (one would have hoped they would have listen to their experienced parents, but we all know that never happens).  I finally had to get to the point that I would simply trust God to get them through, because He obviously loves them far more than we, as parents, do!  And, He is ALWAYS right, whereas, we almost never are!

As the end is near, based upon all of the signs that Bible prophecy is being fulfilled, I have to keep telling myself:  "Be patient" (1 Thes 5:14; Jam. 5:7; etc.)!  "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" (Gal. 6:9).  "But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing" (2 Thes. 3:13).

Both patience and perseverance are virtues, but they must be motivated by love!

No comments:

Post a Comment