Thursday, July 3, 2014

I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE

And Moses said unto God, "Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, the God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?"  And God said unto Moses, "I AM THAT I AM": and He said, "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Ex. 3:13-14).

Said by Jesus in the Gospels:

       * Mt. 5:17 - "I AM come...to fulfill."
       * Mt. 9:13 - "I AM come...to call sinners to repentance."
       * Mt. 10:34 - "I AM come...to send...a sword."
       * Mk. 14:61-62 - "I AM the Son of the Blessed."
       * Lk. 12:49 - "I AM come to send fire upon the earth."
       * Lk. 12:51 - "I AM come to give...division."
       * Lk. 22:27 - "I AM among you as He that serveth."
       * Jn. 5:43 - "I AM come in My Father's name."
       * Jn. 6:48 - "I AM the Bread of Life."
       * Jn. 7:29 - "I AM from Him."
       * Jn. 8:12 - "I AM the Light of the World."
       * Jn. 8:23 - "I AM from above."
       * Jn. 8:58 - "Before Abraham was, I AM."
       * Jn. 9:39 - "For judgment I AM come."
       * Jn. 10:7 - "I AM the Door."
       * Jn. 10:10 - "I AM come that they might have light."
       * Jn. 10:11 - "I AM the Good Shepherd."
       * Jn. 10:36 - "I AM the Son of God."
       * Jn. 11:25 - "I AM the Resurrection and the Life."
       * Jn. 13:13 - "I AM Master and Lord."
       * Jn. 14:6 - "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life."
       * Jn. 14:10 - "I AM in the Father."
       * Jn. 15:1 - "I AM the true Vine."
       * Jn. 17:14 - "I AM not of this world."
       * Jn. 18:6 - "'I AM' and they fell to the ground."
       * Jn. 18:37 with 19:21 - "I AM...King of the Jews."

The Jews understood what Jesus was claiming; do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment