Wednesday, October 29, 2014

PHARISAICAL CATHOLIC BASHING: REPENT!

Recently, there has been much criticism of the Roman Catholic Church, especially since Pope Francis became the spiritual leader of the billion plus Catholics.  Admittedly, his positions on gays, abortion, creation, evolution, etc., are far from Roman Catholic tradition.  He is even quoted as saying one does not have to believe in God, or His Christ, in order to go to heaven; atheists, as long as they obey their consciences, will be there too.  He is wrong!  His views do not match God's Word, nor do they harmonize with the teachings of the Roman church throughout its history.

That being said, Catholic-bashing seems to be all inclusive; it is aimed at ALL Catholics, and arrogantly declares they are ALL going to hell if they do not get saved.  My question is, how do they know no Catholics are born again?  A better question might be:  "How do you know YOU are saved?"  To me, here is the test.  Do you believe the following verses?

Romans 10:9-10 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

As a Catholic, I was taught that Jesus was to be my Lord, and I was taught that God, the Father, raised Him from the dead. I believed it then, as I do now.

Regardless of church doctrines that are inconsistent with the Word of God, the basic Gospel is there. Most Catholics believe that the Father raised their Lord Jesus from the grave; that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, including them; so then who has the right to say they are not saved?

All Christian denominations err! None have perfect knowledge of all that God has revealed. Does that mean all who worship with those various denominations are going to hell?

I believe there are far more saved Catholics than apparently most on Facebook do, and I also believe there are far fewer Baptists, Church of Christ, Lutheran, Presbyterian, etc. members going to heaven than members of those churches do.

When I die, I will notice many missing from heaven that I thought would be there. I will also notice many there that I never dreamed would. And when I look into the face of Jesus, I am sure I will be shocked that I am there (1 Jn. 3:2)!  Here what Romans 10:13 says:



"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

No comments:

Post a Comment