Saturday, October 25, 2014

WHY IS THE GOSPEL MESSAGE SO IMPORTANT?

* Jesus commanded His disciples preach the Gospel - Mk. 16:15 - "And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature."

* The Lord called men to preach the Gospel - Acts 16:10 - "And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavored to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the Gospel unto them."

* The Gospel has the power to save those who hear it - Rom. 1:16 - "So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospel to you that are at Rome also.  For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ...is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

* Those who preach the Gospel are to be led by the Holy Spirit - Rom. 10:15 - "And how shall they preach, except they be sent?  As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the Gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

* The Gospel is to be preached to non-believers - Rom. 15:20 - "Yea, so have I strived to preach the Gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation."

* While the Lord wants believers to be baptized, in order to be saved, they need to hear the Gospel message and be saved before being baptized - 1 Cor. 1:17 - "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the Gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect."

* Gospel preachers are empowered by the Holy Spirit; the glory is His; and God forbid that a believer fail to share the Gospel when led to do so - 1 Cor. 9:16 - "For though I preach the Gospel, I have nothing to glory of:  for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the Gospel!"

The Gospel - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4: 

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand....For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures;  And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures!"

No comments:

Post a Comment