Friday, February 6, 2015

JESUS SAID "I AM"

"Ye call Me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I Am"
(Jn. 13:13 - emphasis mine).

Master - 58 times in the Greek New Testament:  διδάσκαλος (didaskalos), which means:  "Teacher; One who teaches concerning the things of God, and the duties of man."

Lord - 748 times in the Greek New Testament:  κύριος (kyrios), which means:  "He to whom a person or thing belongs, about which He has power of deciding."

I Am - 137 times in the Greek New Testament:  εἰμί (eimi), which means:  "To be or to exist."

To the Jews, for Jesus to call Himself the "I Am," was blasphemy.  The "I Am" was the name God gave for Moses to use when he spoke to Pharaoh and to his own people.  Exodus 3:14 says:  "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." 

Here are a few examples of what the Apostle John had to say in his Gospel, about Jesus being the "I Am":

     * 5:43 - "I Am come."
     * 6:35 - "I Am the Bread of Life" (also v. 48 & 51).
     * 7:29 - "I Am from God."
     * 8:12 - "I Am the Light of the world" (also 9:5 & 12:46).
     * 8:23 - "I Am from above."
     * 8:58 - "Before Abraham was, I Am."
     * 10:7 - "I Am the Door" (also v. 9).
     * 10:11 - "I Am the Good Shepherd" (also v. 14).
     * 11:25 - "I Am the Resurrection and the Life."
     * 13:19 - "I Am" (also 18:5, 6, 8).
     * 14:6 - "I Am THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life."
     * 15:1 - "I Am the True Vine" (also v. 5).
     * 17:10 - "I Am Glorified."
     * 18:37 - "I Am the King of the Jews (also 19:21).

"And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight.  And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven?  This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven" (Acts 1:9-11)!
 
 
ARE YOU READY FOR THE RETURN OF THE LORD?





No comments:

Post a Comment